"Householders & the homeless [monastics],
  in mutual dependence,
  both reach the true Dhamma...."
      —Itivuttaka 4.7

KTC -NJ is sustained primarily by volunteers, and is supported solely by financial offerings from donors. Dana – freely offered generosity – is the first of the six perfections or paramitas. These practices have kept the Buddhist tradition vibrant for more than 2,600 years, and have helped KTC-NJ spread the dharma to people, near and far.

Your generosity will help cover the costs of conducting outreach and public teachings as well as operating and maintaining His Holiness the 17th Karmapa's living quarters in the US. Monthly expenses include water, electricity, insurance (property, liability, medical and worker's compensation), automobile-related expenses (gas, insurance, repairs, and car payments), computer and communication services, food, and shrine maintenance. Equipment replacement and structural repairs are needed from time to time.

If you have been touched by KTC-NJ in some way, please consider helping to support and extend the reach of His Holiness's activities in North America. Please join KTC-NJ's community of supporters by making a monthly or annual contribution, or by offering a one-time, tax deductible donation.

A donor who contributes $240 or more, or a family who contributes $360 or more, will be gratefully acknowledged with the following benefits:

  1. Lamp offering prayers for an entire year
  2. 20% discount from the gift shop
  3. 20% discount on teaching admission fees
  4. His Holiness the 17th Gyalwang Karmapa will perform special blessings for the living and deceased for one’s family at annual Kagyu Monlam chenmo in Bodh Gaya.

Contribution Form

To donate, please print and complete the following form:

Contribution Categories:

  • Single
    $240 per year for one person
  • Family
    $360 per year
    (includes children ages 25 or younger living at home)
  • Recurring Monthly Donation
    $10 $25 $50 $75 Other: $
  • One Time Donation
    Amount: $

* When paying online, please also print the Contribution Form and mail to us.